(Click 'Submit a new request' below to start your journey)
(For a Nurse appointment please call Reception direct on 0117 9770018)
From today through to Saturday (9th) Wells Road Surgery and our neighbouring practices will be offering an URGENT ONLY service as we re-direct our staff to deliver the Covid vaccine to cover 80s in our area. If you are over 80 and have not yet been invited for vaccine you hear from us within the next few days as we will be running another clinic next week, with enough vaccine for all our over 80s.
Please do not contact us to ask about Covid availability. We will contact eligible patients when we have a supply of the vaccine for your age group.
If you already have an appointment with the practice please still attend
---IMPORTANT: COVID19 VACCINATION
The Covid vaccination programme is being rolled out in waves across Bristol, starting with those aged 80 and over.
Our five practices are running our first clinics at Stockwood Medical Centre this week. There are over 2200 eligible patients in our area so it will take time to reach everyone – don’t worry if your friends or neighbours are contacted before you, we will vaccinate all those eligible as soon as sufficient vaccine stocks are available.
Please DO NOT call your surgery; we will contact you to offer an appointment. This ensures our telephone lines remain open for vaccine booking and usual clinical work.
In order to be eligible you must:
· Be able to travel to the vaccination centre in Stockwood or Bedminster. People who are housebound and unable to travel will be vaccinated later in the programme.
· Appointments may be at any time between 8.00am and 7.30pm. We are currently just booking the first appointment and will rebook for the second dose in due course. This is in accordance with national policy to roll out to as many patients as possible as quickly as possible
· You (and your carer) must wear a mask whilst in the vaccination centre in order to protect other vulnerable people and our staff please
Unfortunately we cannot vaccinate you if:
· You have Covid-19 symptoms or have had a positive Covid-19 test in the month before the clinic
· You have a history of severe allergic reactions to medications or food (or are prescribed an Epipen)
· Have a flu vaccination given within 7 days of the Covid vaccination
· Are participating in a Covid-19 vaccination trial or have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine within the last 21 days.
· Are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
IMPORTANT: It is not until at least 12 days after your first dose that you begin to get immune protection, and it is possible that you may still transmit the virus so it is still imperative to continue to comply with the local and national restrictions, wear a mask in public places and practice social distancing measures.
Please call reception direct to book a flu vaccination
UPDATE 27/11/20The seasonal influenza vaccination for 50 - 64 year olds is now available.
This vaccination is available for all adults that are previously not eligible for the 'flu jab because they don't have a chronic disease eg COPD.
If you have recently received a text, please reply DECLINE if you don't want it.
If you do not reply, we will assume you do want the vaccination.
For those without a mobile phone, a member of our Care Navigation team will call you on your land line or sent you a letter of invite.
We recommend you order repeat prescriptions via: Patient Access . Please contact reception for details
If you are not registered with Patient Access, you can email your request for medication on: email@example.com . This is for prescription requests only.
Wells Road Surgery
(Site updated 07/01/2021)