Clinics & Services
Our nursing team offers a variety of services:
Chronic Illness Management
Chronic conditions are those which in most cases cannot be cured, only controlled, and are often life-long and limiting in terms of quality of life.
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
At this surgery, we (nurses or doctors) are involved in the monitoring and management of the above conditions and will contact you in on a yearly basis for chronic conditions reviews, which will often be preceded by necessary blood tests.
Other Nursing Services
- Dressings and Wound Care
- Immunisations & Vaccinations – adult and children. Limited Travel clinic vaccinations.
- Well Person Clinic
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- Baby Clinic - Our GPs see babies for their 8-week checks on a booked appointment basis on Tuesday afternoons.
- Child Development
- Family Planning & Sexual Health
- Maternity Services
- Palliative Care
- Blood tests/ phlebotomy
- Cervical smear tests
- Family planning (including contraceptive coil, injection and implant insertions)
- Vaccinations and immunisations (child, adult and boosters)
- Knee steroid/cortisone injections (performed by Dr Chakrabarti. 20 minute appointments. Must see a doctor first for a referral to this service)
- Cryotherapy/ wart removal clinic (performed by Dr Mann on a monthly basis. Must see a doctor first for a referral to this service)
NHS Health Checks
The surgery is currently involved in providing free NHS Checks to our patients between the ages of 40 and 74.
Everyone with this age group, who has not already been diagnosed with heart disease, stroke, kidney disease or diabetes, will be invited (once every five years) to have a check to assess their risk to developing these conditions and will be given support and advice to help then reduce or manage that risk
For an appointment please contact the surgery.
We no longer offer a Stop Smoking service.
If you are keen to quit, ask at your local Pharmacy and they will be happy to help