Clinics We Offer
Our nursing team offers a variety of services:
Chronic Disease annual reviews
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, ALL OUR ANNUAL CHRONIC DISEASE REVIEWS ARE BEING DONE VIA TELEPHONE
Chronic conditions are those which in most cases cannot be cured, only controlled, and are often life-long and limiting in terms of quality of life.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
- Stroke (CVA)
- Mental Health
- Learning Disability
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
At this surgery, we (nurses or doctors) are involved in the monitoring and management of the above conditions and will contact you in on a yearly basis for chronic conditions reviews, which will often be preceded by necessary blood tests.
Other Nursing Services
- Dressings and Wound Care
- Immunisations & Vaccinations – adult and children. Limited Travel clinic vaccinations
- Baby Clinic - Our GPs see babies for their 8-week checks on a booked appointment basis on Tuesday afternoons.
- Child Development
- Family Planning & Sexual Health
- Maternity Services
- Palliative Care
- Phlebotomy (blood tests)
- Cervical smear tests
- Family planning (including contraceptive coil, injection and implant insertions)
- Vaccinations and immunisations (child, adult and boosters)
- Steroid/ cortisone injections (knee only) - performed by Dr Chakrabarti. 20 minute appointments. Must see a doctor first for a referral to this service
- Cryotherapy/ wart removal clinic - performed by Dr Mann on a monthly basis. Must see a doctor first for a referral to this service
NHS Health Checks
The surgery is currently involved in providing free NHS Checks to our patients between the ages of 40 and 74.
Everyone with this age group, who has not already been diagnosed with heart disease, stroke, kidney disease or diabetes, will be invited (once every five years) to have a check to assess their risk to developing these conditions and will be given support and advice to help then reduce or manage that risk
THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY SUSPECTED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC
- Do you want to quit smoking?
- Are you finding it difficult to quit?
- Do you want to try other methods to quit smoking?
- Do you feel you need help?
WE NO LONGER PROVIDE A STOP SMOKING SERVICE
We recommend you go to your local pharmacy and tell them you are interested in quitting smoking and they will be able to provide you with the relevant medications to help you stop.
Excessive alcohol advice and support
Do you feel you need advice or help regarding your alcohol consumption?
We recommend you look at this website: Drinkaware
Please answer the questions in the short questionnaire to enable us to assess your alcohol consumption rate and offer advice if necessary.
If you need support in quitting excessive alcohol intake, speak with a GP regarding a referral to our alcohol reduction programme.
After a GP review, a urine sample for a drug screen is needed to complete the referral.
You will be contacted by ROADS and assigned a support worker, who will help you reduce your alcohol intake safely using Librium.